Wednesday, May 1, 2013

on being like the tree of life

Today is May 1, so i am at the point of beginning another read through of the book of Psalms, and you probably start to wonder, 'ok, you've done this for awhile now, haven't you pretty much already got it? especially the familiar ones???" Well, praise God, today i was once again rewarded with making a brand new connection - seeing something glorious and encouraging!

Let me first start by stating that i LOVE Psalm 1 - it's right there with 19, 119 & 130 as one of my favorites (followed closely by 2, 8, 24 & 107). i began my thinking today in some of the normal places - the contrast of where my input comes from (Psalm 1:1-2), the words "delight" and "meditate" (my heart and my head), but THEN I SAW IT: the connection between verses 2 & 3 and their tie in to Revelation 22:1-2:

The blessed man who delights in the law and meditates on it is like a tree... a tree by a stream, a tree bearing seasonal fruit, a tree with unwithering leaves!

Mark has been preaching from Revelation on Sunday evenings, and he was in chapter 21 and the beginning of 22 this past week, so chapter 22 is fresh in my head. How is the tree of life described? Planted by the river of the water of life, yielding fruit every month & with leaves for healing the nations!

So cool to think that that's what i can be like: the tree of life! God, may Your Word dwelling in me and working through me be a source of life, good fruit and healing! May I be blessed and a source of blessing!  


No comments: