Thursday, March 22, 2012

colors

the section of Psalm 119 that i read this morning contains the verse, "Seven times a day I praise You for Your righteous rules." (Psalm 119:164) it got me to thinking about, "how much do i honestly praise God? for anything, let alone for His righteous rules?" definitely nowhere near as much as i should...

well, that thought was playing through my head as i've been making my rounds today, and let me tell you what i've definitely been noticing and intentionally praising Him for: COLORS. our amazing, creative God made a world that explodes with color and made me with eyes to see them! and these springtime hues are a reminder that life is bursting forth where just a short time ago death seemed to reign!

aren't they amazing? - the whites of pears, the pink of plums, the vibrant pinks of magnolias, the pinks and blues and whites and purples of hyacinths, the yellows and whites of daffodils, the purples and whites and oranges and variegation of crocuses, the green of grass, the slightly different greens of lilies and irises starting to push up through the soil, the green points of hostas starting to push through out of their purple claw-like shells... (and that's just off the top of my head)

HALLELUJAH! it makes me want to sing with rich mullins...

No comments: