Thursday, March 25, 2010

oh the memories...

as i was leaving fca at the christian school today, one of the guys stopped me to show me a devotion he had written based on 1 Timothy 4:12. (it's really cool - a group of students there is staying everyday after school for devotions and prayer!)

well, i was mentally transported back to the days of the 4-1-2 fellowship that began by asking the question: "if the entire body of Christ looked like me in how they talked, lived, loved, believed and were pure, what would the body of Christ look like?"

with those days in mind, when i got back to the office, i started looking back over some of my old "daily verse" emails that i used to send to that group in pre-facebook, blogging and even im-ing days. it was a real blessing to reread some of the stuff. (this kind of encouragement is a great reason to journal!!!) they are mostly just scripture and a few thoughts. some of them i have reposted previously at http://timmy5jack.tripod.com/dailyverses/, but i thought that i'd go ahead and put some of them here over the coming days. God's truth doesn't change, and i pray that He would continually enable me to communicate it!

here's one from august 7, 2000 that fits in perfectly with this year's quiz material:

faithful?


1 Corinthians 4:1-5
"So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN A TRUST MUST PROVE FAITHFUL. I care very little if i am judged my you or by any human court; indeed i do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He WILL BRING TO LIGHT what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God."

***check out 1 John 1 to go along with this......

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. May our Lord continue to bless you. Lloyd