Thursday, December 10, 2009

love songs and weddings

have i mentioned that i really like the shuffle feature? whether it's on my cd player, my blog playlist, itunes or my ipod, i like to let random songs play. well, what came on over the ipod this morning? for better, for worse by slick shoes!

and since i'm going to be at two weddings next week, it got me thinking in a couple of different directions:

1. what are some of my favorite love songs?

2. marriage... especially Ephesians 5:22-33 and praying for adam and heather and matt and becky (and brendan and pam and machia and elizabeth) - that their marriages would be a reflection of Christ and the church, as well as thanking the Lord for allowing me to be in a role to speak truth into these lives (as well as praying for continued guidance and wisdom to do so).

so what songs came to mind besides the aforementioned for better, for worse?
1. droned (in love version) by starflyer 59... "you're the best thing, easily."
2. coupleskate by joe christmas... "hold my hand, stay with me. round and round with the girl of my dreams."
3. i can be her man by the lassie foundation... "seraphs, sages..."
4. the weight by thrice... "love is a loyalty sworn, not a burning for a moment."
5. 5 years to write by john reuben... "this song about my wife took me 5 years to write"
6. new york to california by mat kearney... "for you i would crawl... from new york to california"
7. bicycle by plankeye... "yesterday she lost. her car broke down, so now i ride a bicycle"
8. fell in love at 22 by starflyer 59... "this is our life, our old times"
9. portrait by dear ephesus... "they're a portrait of grace in many shades. how he's growing, learning more each day. oh she loves him in spite of all his ways. they're a portrait of grace in many shades."
10. brightest by copeland... "she said that i was the brightest little firefly in her jar"
11. the romantic balloons by joy electric... "i'll come to greet you soon, and bring to you the romantic balloons" (followed by much synthesized joy)
12. learning me by mars ill... "without a doubt the rose petal tamed the hurricane"

well, there they are... "for better, for worse" LOL! may God truly bless these marriages!

oh yeah, and slick chicken by joe christmas... "so,uh, what are you doing for the next 40 or 50 years? you wouldn't mind uh um marrying me much, would you?"

No comments: