Friday, April 3, 2009

my mother's words haunt me still...

when sarah and i were younger, mom had some key catchphrases she'd use - things like "with great skill and dexterity" and "you can't sue me, i already am." sometimes when we were being especially obnoxious, she would tell us, "you can be replaced by a short monkey." that phrase always seemed kind of odd to me and stuck in my head, so much so that we even named a spaceman joe album of oddities after it.

so i've been gone all week. i saw on the facebook that heather had put up some photos of people "studying" while i was gone. in one of them, i noticed that randi had a stuffed animal that i did not recognize. hmmmm.

well, today, while we were getting ready to study, joey pulls the monkey out and tosses it to randi and refers to it as "little steve." i asked, "where did that come from and what did you just call it?" joey said, "i found it in the basement the other day, and we named it after you since you were gone."

so, yeah, i've been replaced by a short monkey!!!! (thanks mom) ;)

1 comment:

rachel=awesum :) said...

woo! that was funny! i wish i could get replaced by an otter... wouldn't that be sweet?!?! you could learn how to speak otterish (kinda like yiddish, without the jewish part...) anyways, i feel like being random, so that explains my ranting about nothing. cant wait to study (might have my phone by then... woot!) i missed you this week, stephen theodore! my focus was shot. we might need to work on it some more.

ooh yeah, i have to get up at 5 (haha number five, that's you!) so im gonna go. =)