Friday, August 15, 2008

so long sweet summer...

got a few minutes of alone time at the park today... matt v. had wanted me to play tennis with him at 9:30, but he didn't show up. so i grabbed my discs and headed for the back 9 where the woods would give me a little time of serenity. i haven't really gotten the chance for any of that since camp. the combo of being behind on sleep, kids excited about memorizing Scripture (3080 verses memorized at camp by the 33 campers - another 100 or so that i've helped with this week), and finding places to watch the olympics in the evening probably explains why i've barely blogged for quite some time.

so as i sit here today and think "WHAT IN THE WORLD DO I HAVE WORTHWHILE TO TYPE?" the thing that strikes me is this: i ran into the park superintendent and his 8 year old son digging a ditch in the middle of the woods. my serenity interrupted by a man who began to pour out his heart to me. wow, God, keep my eyes open! i don't know where the days ahead are headed - summer's leaving, school's about to start, i'm no longer prepping camp messages... but i am excited for what You have in store. bring me opportunities - make me FRUITFUL, O LORD!

No comments: