Thursday, January 10, 2008

john steinbeck

yeah, i just wanted to make a joke about the best laid plans...

actually, it's such a release to just rest in the fact that God is in control - to trust Him and to watch where He takes me. i'm really trying to be consciously immersing myself in the Word as 2008 starts, as well as trying to be sure to be reading good stuff. it all becomes "good spillage."

the crazy part becomes the "who." just thinking about the ones that i'm getting the opportunity to minister to (or more accurately to be used as a conduit for ministry - a pen in the hand, as we've discussed). perhaps not the ones that i'd planned, or even the "big numbers." lemme tell ya, though, i'm excited to see where God's taking me!

God, help me to have an awareness of Your leading. make me an instrument useful for Your service!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I relate to the best laid plans... oh me oh my, do I.

A comforting thought though is that if we didn't make any plans, God wouldn't have anything to hijack for his purpose.

You can't redirect someone who is couch potato-ing it.

number 5 said...

or steer an unmoving car...