Tuesday, December 11, 2007

david crowder

i am full of earth, You are heaven’s worth
i am stained with dirt, prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
the antonym of me, You are divinity
but a certain sign of grace is this
from a broken earth flowers come up
pushing through the dirt


well, the random gardener ring is coming to a close... right where it began... david crowder. (did you know that was what was playing in my head as i thought through all of these thoughts? haha sistrina, it was right there all along, maybe you didn't realize it...)

(yes, i do use the ellipses too much)

grace.
beauty that rises from dirt.
God's work.
happening even when i can't see it.

but the harder i try, the more clearly can i
feel the depth of our fall and the weight of it all.
and so this might be could be
the most impossible thing;
Your grandness in me, making me clean.
glory, hallelujah! glory, glory, hallelujah!



God, help me to always remember that YOU are in control. remind me of perspective.

glory, hallelujah - He is working out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will!

No comments: