Monday, August 27, 2007

just one of her idiots...

"one who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches." galatians 6:6

gram was born on august 27,1919 - which would make her 88 today. why do i enjoy studying the Word with others and helping them memorize? a big reason is because gram was faithful to study with me. i wonder just how many thousands of verses she read to me to help me memorize them or how many hundreds of hours i spent on the floor of her trailer tossing a ball and quoting.

what a blessing to have had a grandmother who loved Jesus as one of my best friends. THANK YOU, LORD! help me to carry on faithfully.

"i am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother lois and your mother eunice and now, i am sure, dwells in you as well. for this reason i remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 timothy 1:5-7

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I miss her so. There are times where I could really use her wisdom. I often feel I'm donig a disservice to the legacy of faith she gave. Thankfully, I know I'll always be one of God's idiots. And He'll never give up on us.